Onward to Opportunity – formerly known as the Veterans Career Transitioning Program – at Fort Carson offers two career tracks: Information Technology and Business Management. Your program begins with four days of classroom instruction and facilitation that includes the two-day Onward to Your Career course and the two-day industry foundations courses in Customer Service Excellence, Information Technology, and Business Management. The classroom portion is followed by 6-10 weeks of industry-validated online coursework which prepares you to earn an industry certification.
While you complete your certification coursework, you will also participate in networking events, employer partner engagement activities, and industry panel discussion to hone your personal marketing techniques and skills. This is a great way to gain inside perspective on careers in the private sector while introducing yourself to companies who are looking to hire O2O graduates. Additionally, our national partner Hire Heroes USA will assist you in resume development and interview preparation.
As a participant in this program, you’ll leave with the following:
- Industry-Specific Certification
- Professional Network
- Career Coaching
- Professional Resume
- Increased Confidence as you Transition to the Private Sector or make a Career Change
- Interview Matching
- U.S. active duty military member
- U.S. veteran
- U.S. National Guard or Reservist
- Spouse of a U.S. active duty, veteran, national guard, or reservist.
- Read more about eligibility requirements here
Upcoming Cohort Schedule
- Cohort 6: January 8, 2019
- Cohort 7: April 2, 2019
- Cohort 8: June 25, 2019
- Cohort 9: September 24, 2019
- Buckley Cohort 2: April 16, 2019
- Buckley Cohort 3: September 10, 2019
Interested? Please contact us below or sign up here!
O2O Program Coordinator
O2O Program Manager
Disclaimer: Some O2O installations do not offer all possible coursework. Please contact the installation team to learn of any restrictions.