What is Onward to Opportunity in Partnership with VCTP?
Supported by grants from JPMorgan Chase & Co. and the Shultz Family Foundation, O2O-VCTP utilizes an online learning platform to help active duty, selected reserve, veterans and military spouses learn business, technology, and customer service skills to accomplish their personal and professional goals. Participants may choose to work towards one of our supported industry certifications administered by globally recognized organizations. O2O-VCTP combines industry-validated curricula, strong partnerships, and comprehensive career coaching and employer relations services to match program participants with civilian job opportunities.
- Free opportunity that does not utilize educational benefits
- Assistance preparing for recognized industry certification exams
- Connection to veteran-service organizations and private sector companies committed to training and hiring veterans
Features of participation include:
- The O2O-VCTP will fund one industry certification per participant, provided the individual completes the required coursework, practice exam requirements, and, if applicable, meets the certifying agency’s eligibility requirements.
- Each participant is assigned an IVMF Advisor or Installation Coordinator to assist them as they navigate through the program.
- Connections to comprehensive career coaching services with Hire Heroes USA, leading to interviews with industry leaders committed to hiring veterans and military spouses.
- Participants receive non-credit certificates of completion from the Institute for Veterans and Military Families at Syracuse University upon course completion.